Only works held by public galleries are listed here. Many works will not be on display, requiring contact with the gallery to inquire about accessing works in storage.
Manchester Art Gallery (16)
- 1914. Mrs M. E. Gaskell beauest.
- The Southing of the Sun. Purchased from Annie Louisa Swynnerton.
- Portrait of Mrs A. Scott-Elliot and Children. Purchased from Mrs A. Scott-Elliot.
- 1932. Gift of Susan Isabel Dacre.
- 1934. Annie Louisa Swynnerton bequest.
- 1939. Dr Jane Walker bequest.
Bradford Museum and Galleries (1).
- Oceanid. Gift of Mrs C. J. Herringham, 1908.
Gallery Oldham, Oldham, Greater Manchester (1).
- Cupid and Psyche. Gift of Charles Edward Lees, 1892.
Salford Museum and Art Gallery (1).
- The Tryst. Gift of H. Boddington, Jnr, 1880.
ENGLAND (OTHER THAN MANCHESTER)
Ashmolean Museum (1).
- Head of a Bacchante. Gift of Mrs. Richard Shute, 1937.
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (1).
- Assisi. Gift of Friends of Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, 1934, possibly acquired from the posthumous studio sale of the same year, lot 151 ‘Assisi’ or lot 157 ‘Near Assisi.’
Brighton & Hove Museums and Art Galleries (1).
- Girl with a lamb. Gift (donor and date not given on web site).
Nottingham City Museum and Galleries (1).
- Portrait of Florence H. Musgrave. Mrs. F. H. Musgrave bequest, 1934.
Royal Academy (1).
- The Letter. Purchased from A. E. Anderson by the Royal Academy with the Edward Stott Fund.
Royal Holloway, University of London (1).
- The Young Gardeners (donor and date not given on web site).
- Oreads. Gift of John Singer Sargent, 1922.
- Purchased by the Trustees of the Chantry Bequest.
- Portrait of Count Zouboff. Gift of Messrs Wallis and Son, 1932.
- Equestrian Portrait of Elizabeth Williamson. Gift of Mrs F. Howard, 1939.
- Portrait of Elizabeth Williamson. Gift of Chris Thomson, in memory of Susan Thomson 2013.
The Wilson, Cheltenham Art Gallery and Museum (1).
- Oil sketch of a pony. Gift of Mrs M. Taylor, 1944.
Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool (1).
- The Sense of Sight. Gift of Charles J. Procter in, 1896.
Aberdeen Art Gallery (1).
- The Gulf of Spezia. Gift of Hon. Gertrude Forbes Sempill, 1955.
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre (2).
Dublin City Gallery (1).
- Through the Orchard. Gift of Hugh Lane, 1932.
Musée d’Orsay, Paris (1).
- Mater Triumphalis. In Parisian collections from the 1910s onwards, including the Musée du Luxembourg and the Louvre.
National Gallery of Canada, Ottowa (2).
National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia (1).
- New Risen Hope (National Gallery of Victoria). Felton bequest, 1906.