Five labels on back:
- “Exhibition A PAINTER’S CHOICE / Artist ANNIE SWYNNERTON / Title Blue Seascape.”
- “Exhibition arranged by the / ART EXHIBITIONS BUREAU / 6½ Suffolk Street / Pall Mall East, London, S.W.1.”
- (overlying label 1) “new grafton gallery 49 CHURCH ROAD . BARNES . LONDON SW13 9HH / Telephone 01-748 8850 / Artist: Annie Swynnerton A.R.A. Date 1844-1933 / Title: Blue Seascape / Medium: oil on canvas / Size: 15½” x 19½” / Provenance: Sir Gerald Kelly / Exhibited: Art Exhibition Bureau, / ‘A Painter’s Choice’ // Alison and Peter Marston / Catalpa / Grimms Hill, Great Missenden / Bucks.”
- “JAMES BOURLET & SONS Ltd., / Fine Art Packers, Frame Makers, / N10041 / 17 & 19 NASSAU STREET, / MORTIMER STREET. W. / Phones: MUSEUM 1871 & 7588.”
- “J T BURNS & CO LTD / FINE ART PICTURE FRAMERS AND GILDERS / 20-24 Emerald Street London WC1 / Telephone 01-242 7026/3156.”
The current owner also has the Landscape with Figures and comments how similar the two are in execution and canvas.
- Media: oil on canvas.
- Dimensions: 500 x 398 mm (0.20 m²).
- History: auctioned Mallams, Oxford, 26 May 2021, “Provenance: Sir Gerald Kelly; New Grafton Gallery, London; thence by descent.”
- Location: private collection.